If you often get TMJ discomfort or headaches, our Botox for TMJ in Los Feliz can help. This short treatment promises to alleviate your pain for months, enabling you to go about your regular routine without discomfort.
What Is TMJ?
TMJ, also known as temporomandibular joint condition, is brought on by the temporomandibular joint being dislocated or swollen as a result of certain stresses. TMJ’s most typical signs and symptoms include:
- Jaw aches,
- Popping or clicking in the jaw,
- Limited jaw opening and closing range,
- Aches in the shoulders or neck,
- Toothaches, migraines, and headaches,
- A ringing in the ears,
- Ear aches.
Thankfully, our Botox injections may help control these symptoms and perhaps prevent them from occurring in the first place.
How Is TMJ And Jaw Tension Treated With Botox?
The temporo-mandibular joint, which is situated on both sides of the head where the jawbone meets the skull, is utilized for talking, eating, swallowing, and other daily tasks. A person may have acute tension headaches and a sharp pain in the jaw if this joint gets dislocated or is overused as a result of excessive teeth grinding. By preventing muscles from participating in the strong, often unconscious movement of the jaw that causes headaches and discomfort, Botox lowers jaw tension, preventing any discomfort from happening.
What To Expect During Your Recovery After Your Botox Treatment?
Following your Botox for TMJ in Los Feliz, you may immediately go back to your normal routine. There will be certain things you need to avoid, but your expert will go over everything with you during your session. That said, some things you can expect are:
- It is important to refrain from touching or massaging the regions that have just received injections.
- Maintain an upright posture over the next several hours to prevent the botox from spreading to other places in the vicinity of the injection site.
- Applying a cold compress to the area surrounding the injection site will provide relief from any stinging or pain you may be experiencing there.
Botox For TMJ Treatment Areas
The most common regions that Botox is utilized for TMJ are:
- The jaw,
- The forehead,
- The temples.
How Long Does Botox For TMJ Last?
Botox injections for TMJ typically last 3 to 4 months.
Learn More About Our Botox Treatments For TMJ In Los Feliz
Choose the effective Botox for TMJ in Los Feliz if you’re tired of waking up with a painful jaw or battling everyday headaches. Call our experts today to make an appointment and we would be happy to address any concerns you may have!